A car accident can be VERY stressful, especially if you don’t know what to do. We’re going to go through a few bits of info that will help you in the event you find yourself behind the wheel during a car accident.
1. Never admit to fault. Even if you think the accident was your fault the final decision will be made by the claims department.
2. Take photos. Nowadays just about everyone uses a smartphone with a decent quality camera. Make sure you take photos of the accident scene, both vehicles, VIN numbers, license plate numbers, etc.
3. Insurance documentation. If you don’t have a camera make sure to note the name, policy number, company name, and VIN number the other person provides you.
4. Location. Mark the address and closest cross streets.
5. Contact info. Get the full name and phone number to the driver, passengers, and any witnesses in the area. If any emergency services respond (Ex:Policy/Ambulance) ask for names, badge numbers, ambulance company, and fire department companies.
Attached HERE is a PDF document you can download, print, and keep in your car as a reminder in case of an accident. Drive safe everyone!!
Would you like a free quote on your auto insurance policy? We have access to over 125 different insurance carriers. Call us, email us, or just fill out the short form on the right!